The Town of Kitty Hawk Police Department, located on the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina, is actively pursuing qualified applicants who are interested in being police officers for the Town.
The Department is considering both applicants who have no experience and those who are currently police officers both in and out of North Carolina. Only applicants who have North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) Certification, or the Out-of-State equivalent, will be considered.
Responsibilities include: Enforcing state statutes and municipal ordinances to protect and serve the Town. Patrolling Town to maintain order, prevent crimes, and protect life and property. Responding to calls for service, conducting preliminary and follow up investigations through interviews and gathering and securing of evidence and attending Court.
Minimum Requirements: Must be twenty years of age or older; NC Basic Law Enforcement Certification required or Law Enforcement Certification from a reciprocal state; North Carolina Driver’s License required
Starting Pay: Salary will be equivalent with law enforcement service.
To Apply: Complete a Town Application and Personal History Statement from the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission. For applications or additional information, log onto www.kittyhawknc.gov You may also contact Melody Clopton at 252-261-3552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail the completed applications to Town of Kitty Hawk, Melody Clopton, P.O. Box 549 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949. Position is open until filled. EOE.
No POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
Police Officer Applicant Criteria
The Town of Kitty Hawk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Further
information contact the Kitty Hawk Police Department at 252-261-3895.
• Must be twenty years of age or older
• Must never have been convicted of a felony in any state
• Must possess NC Basic Law Enforcement Training Certification
• Must possess High School Diploma or GED
• Must possess a Valid Driver's License
• Out-of-State Applicants please refer to "Out-Of-State" link
• Training (BLET) certificate or the Out-of-State equivalent
For more information on Out-of-State Reciprocity visit:
Required Applicant Package Documentation
• Copy of Birth Certificate
• Copy of Military Records (if applicable)
• Copy of Military Registration Status (if you are a male ages 18 to 25)
• Copy of Social Security Card
• Copy of Valid Driver's License
• Documentation of Successful Completion of BLET Training (or equivalent)
• Educational Transcripts
• F3 Personal History Statement Form (See link above)
• Photograph of Applicant
• Proof of Educational Attainment (High School or GED Equivalent, etc.)
• Town Application (See link above)